Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend Workouts

After the amazing weekend in NYC for my brother's wedding, I geared back up for what would be a monstrous workout week.

On Tuesday we did 3000+ yards in the pool.  It was crazy tough, but I loved it.

On Wednesday, I decided to semi-break in my new Cannondale Slice.  Since it was my first attempt with her, I opted for the trainer ride on Wednesday night, so I could practice changing the gears and being comfortable while stationary.  (I figured, safety first, right?) :-)  I did pretty well, all things considered.  The ride was tough.  Coach Brad simulated high winds, as we will experience them during our Vineman race and I definitely will face during Cozumel, so that was a cool experience.

On Thursday, we had a Run Marker Set.  Ugh. That means we had to run for 1hr straight and clock our distance within that time.  To be honest, I felt like my legs were anchors and just dragging me down, plus my brain was not into it, nada.  it was a tough run.  But I did it.  Don't get me wrong from where I was in January with my 1:1 to now, is like night and day!  But I think after i did so well on the last leg of the Ragnar Relay doing 5.6 Miles in 1hr, I was expecting to do better than the 5.3 that I did, which I honestly feel as though it was really on 5 miles... anywhoooo.. onwards and upwards, right?


So Friday was Good Friday and i had off.  It was soooooo nice to not have to wake up at any particular time, although I did wake up at 8:00am. :-)  But it was good.  I lounged around the house for a few, went through some emails and then headed to the WeHo Pool, since it was closer than the Culver City Plunge.  And I must say, it was quite nice.  Small, but very nice.  There I did our swim homework and knocked it out of the park!! I was so excited.  3000 Yard in 1hr! BOOM! Kept to my 2min/100yrds and was exhausted but not all at the same time.  Does that make sense?

For the rest of the day, I enjoyed Mr.Sunshine.  I was able to sit poolside at my friend Leo's pool for a while and then babysat Shane & Michael's twin, Dylan and Dash.  I swear I love these kids as if they are my own. 

 Me and Dash -  love him!!

Me and Dylan - She is gorgeous!

Saturday was crazy town.  We started off our morning with roughly a .5mi Ocean Open Water Swim.  it was chilly but rather refreshing.  Then we headed over to San Vicente and Ocean to head out on a massive bike ride.  We had to complete 3hr or 40mi.  If you finished the 40mi in under the 30 you had to bike it out until the 3hr and the reverse.  Surprisingly, I finished the 40mi in 2:30 min so I had to add an Amalfi Loop on top my PCH ride for a grand total of 47 miles!! WHAT?!?!  and then I had to run for 30min.  Which in reality, I should have ran 3 miles, or somewhat close to that, but my legs wanted no part of running.  So it was a struggle and I ended up with just over 2 miles, i think close to 2.5 within the 30min.  it was tough!! and the longest bike ride I have ever done in my life and it is only going to get longer.  It's so crazy!



Easter Saturday, was another massive day!  I ran just under 10 miles in 2 hours followed by a quick buoy loop in the ocean. I was in the zone.  Ok.. I was not 100% in the zone because the first 3 miles were straight up into Inspiration Point, but I have to tell you, YES it was inspiring but it was also brutal!! The only good thing about going up to Inspiration Point, besides the amazing view, was knowing the next 3 miles were downhill. :-)

 Inspiration Point 

 Elisabeth, Laura and me at Inspiration Point

Selfie... Obvi.
After the tremedous climb to Inspiration Point, we made our way back down and topped off our water before finishing up the last 3-4 miles into the Amalfi loop.  It was a great run.  I am definitely getting better, which is an awesome feeling. I am pushing myself, which is cool and I am looking forward to seeing  what else I can do.  It will be interesting for sure to see what else I accomplish this year.

Water Break Buddies. :-) Christal, Angela, Kelie & I 

Once the run and swim was over, I literally had to haul it back to my place to change for Easter brunch with the girls.  Of course I took my beach cruiser instead of the car and was reminded my the girls after brung that I was the epitome of Easter Colors, LOL.  


Anywhoooooooooooo!!  I hope you all had a great Easter weekend.  Stay tuned for more shenanigans from me!! and Please donate to LLS!! its an awesome cause! 

  http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/VineHIrn14/RachelHGriffin#Epic-Weekend-of-Training

No comments:

Post a Comment