Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Javits Cough... and the Battle to Prevail

Soo... in my last post i reminded you all that i was behind on my training due to NYTF and getting sick... That nasty Javits Cough / Plague, as we in the toy industry have been calling it -- because everyone got it and everyone was wiped out the week after NYTF, lasted a little longer than I would have liked and knocked me out for a two weeks.  UGH.

That being said on Saturday, March 1st, I buckled down and battled my way through a 1 hour trainer session followed by a (roughly) 2mi run.  Man, it was tough. honestly, I was unmotivated because I was so run down and mentally unmotivated because I was out of it for so long, I was nervous.  but the support I got from my coaches and team was awesome.  They reminded me that the race is still a while away and that I have plenty of time.  Just hearing that relieved some of the stress that i put on myself.   So after the training ride and we went out for a transition run, I of course was at the back of the heap.  Running my intervals and trying to keep up.  As we made our way back from our loop on beach, (Which was awesome - we ran by where they were setting up for the Spirit Awards), Javier (one of the coaches) spotted me as the lone soldier and ran me in.  Knowing that I was getting over sick he asked if I wanted to slow it down.  I was surprised he asked, as my running pace is normally 11.5, so when i asked Why?  he said, "well you are running a 9min mile right now and i don't think its the best for your cough/chest congestion."  i was floored!  i couldn't believe I was running that fast and agreed to slow down and walk a bit as I was coughing every minute or so. LOL.   When we got back to the team, I of course was embarrassed that I took so long, in what seemed like forever, (reality i was 5min behind everyone else), but the team was there with arms wide open to greet me with the tunnel of love.  it was awesome!  They really are a special group.  Amazing, Supportive and just all around Awesome.

Sunday, I was spent.  Saturday  truly took it out of me. I fell asleep by 8:45 that night and spent most of Sunday recouping before heading to a friend's for the Oscars.

Monday, I went to Crossfit which was great.  worked on my core and strength training and did (4) rounds for time of a 300 meter run, 5 Box jumps, 10 Wall Balls & 15 Situps in 12min 24 seconds.  it may not seem like a lot, but trust me, it kicks your butt.

Yesterday I officially signed up for Vineman. So it is 100% serious.

Last night was our pool session.  YAY!  The Pool, oh how I missed you. We conquered 2200 Yards in 1hr.  Concentrating on form.  it was great and I was happy to be back.  At the end of the night, Coach Riz asked me to take the team out with our Go Team.  I was so excited i forgot to say "ok team on three.. go team".. i just shouted Go Team.  it was hysterical and we did it again.  this time i nailed it.. "On the count of three, GO Team.. One.. TWO.. THREE.. GO TEAM!" BOOM!

This morning was hills... boy was that a nice wake up call on the old legs that have not really been on a bike in two weeks!  Lordy, burn baby burn.  We met at San Vicente and Ocean in Santa Monica at 6:45am (i was up at 5:45) and headed up San Vicente for a quick 1mi loop before heading up for the "Amalfi Loop"... it is a decently challenging - switchback hills through a beautiful neighborhood.  the ride was gorgeous.. the hills made my heart rate beat so fast, i thought my heart was going to beat right out of my chest and the ride was very tranquil. Overall it was about 9.5miles of awesomeness.

Tomorrow night I head to Puerto Rico for my soon-to-be sister-in-law's bachelorette party.  This should be very interesting.  The good thing is the water will be warm so i can get in some open water swims and the girls are all runners, so i should get a few runs in as well.  The bad things is that this is a bachelorette party, LOL. 

til next time... enjoy some fun pics and don't forget to donate! :-)


Rach

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

No comments:

Post a Comment