Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Training While Traveling for a Wedding

April literally kicked off with a bang.

I raced the Ragnar Relay the first weekend, running a total of 17 miles in less than 24hrs.  That is crazy.

Following a two day rest, I met up with the team for our Pool night swim.  Our time has now shifted to later in the night, which is making it a little tough to get motivated or stay warm to get into the water.  Of course, once we do, we are fine, but the time leading up to it is brutal. 

That being said, our Pool training is coming along.  I am still in the 2:00 min/100 yard lane, which I am happy about I honestly didn't think I could swim that fast, so I am happy to see that this training is paying off.  (Lets just hope it transfers successfully to the ocean!) :-)

Wednesday am, bright and early, I hopped a plane to NYC for my brother's wedding.  To be honest, I thought training was going to be a wash the entire weekend, but surprisingly, I managed to squeeze in 2 running sessions.  I was a little bummed I didn't get to the pool or able to jump on a bike, but whatcha gonna do.. it was my brother's wedding. LOL... I have to make some sacrifices. :-)

Thursday am, pre-wedding rehearsal craziness, Christy (the bride) and I headed to Central Park for a breezy ride. She did the reservoir loop a couple of times, while I stuck to my Training Peaks Drills of sprinting as fast as you can for 2 min and normal pace for 3 min... and looping that a few times.  I did end up doing 1 loop of the the Reservoir. :-)

Friday was the wedding.  It was beautiful. Christy looked gorgeous and Marc was so happy.  It was awesome.  I of course was crying the entire wedding ceremony.  It was just pouring out of me, LOL.  I can't believe my big brother and bestie has a wife! It is crazy. :-)  and the reception was so ridiculously awesome, I cannot even begin to tell you.  The food was yummy, the band was awesome. I seriously danced ALL NIGHT, except for when I was in the Photobooth! :-)











Saturday was a lovely day, my mom's sister, my Aunt Sheila, turns 80 on May 4th but my super duper cousin Julia coordinated an 80th birthday celebration the day after Marc's wedding so everyone could attend, instead of trying to rally the troops again a month later.  So smart and So fun. And let me tell you, PLEASE let me look like she does when I am 80!! Spirit and Spunk of a 20 year old!! 


Finally on Sunday, I had to prep myself for the fact that I was heading home and that I had to get in a 7mi run.  Lucky for me, my friend Allie lived right near the wedding venue, so I had a place to stay on Saturday and was able to still enjoy the amazing views of Manhattan!  My run on Sunday was beautiful as I ran through Long Island City and Brooklyn and I did it early enough where I was able to come back and enjoy brunch with my two besties, Allie and Ryan before my flight back to LA.

All in all, it was an amazing weekend. 











No comments:

Post a Comment