Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Build

i am seriously loving the team training.  i am learning a ton, thank goodness, and having a blast.  i know for sure that i am still not lifting my legs up as much as i should when i run, because i can't see a difference in my time yet, but i will get there.

come hell or high water, i will enjoy running!! :-)

so last weekend we did great run drills... after every half mile, we did plank and balancing drills.. and looped them for 1hr.  surprisingly, it was fun and i definitely did not think i was running at all.  granted my time was still slow, despite my cadence being accurate. it is really frustrating to not be there, yet.  but I know i will ultimately get there.

Sunday was another bike session, roughly 22 miles in 90min.  which again, is frustrating that i am not going faster, especially when i see teammates fly past me.  but i will get there.  plus i think i need to push myself more.  i have been finding that after a bit i am just enjoying the ride, because it is beautiful out.  i have to constantly remind myself, hey Rach, your prepping for a race here, not a cruise around town! :-)
Tuesday was another swim night.  and i love it and for whatever reason, in the pool i am constantly pushing myself.  i know i need to do it more on the bike and run, but i don't even think about it in the pool, i just do it.  maybe its because i am so comfortable in the pool? i dunno.  maybe i can trick myself on the bike and run? :-)  either way, this week is our build and i need to build!

yesterday i missed the bike session because i found myself on work emails, so i ran in my neighborhood and then did cross-fit last night.  i do enjoy that cross-fit.  i think it is helping me with the core strengthening that i need while making my legs stronger, too.

this morning it was back to running with the team with 2min fast pace running then 3min race pace running.. and then for me 1min walk.  i know i know.. but i am working up to running more. :-)  it was good.  i am finding my fast pace run ranges from 8:48 -10:12 - depending, and my normal race pace is about 11:33 give or take, sometimes close to 12min.  which i think people can walk faster than me.  if i can get my race pace up to my fast pace, i will be happy.

Tomorrow i leave for NY.  it is currently snowing and freezing according to friends and family and i think they are expecting a few feet. AWESOME!  so this weekend and all next week will be a challenge to work out.  i am determined. so please send me good vibes!! :-)

below is a picture of some of my teammates.

til next time

xoxo
Rach

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment