Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Blowin' In the Wind

This is getting REAL!

Our build weeks are getting crazy. A couple of weeks ago (yes, i know i have not posted. sorry!) we were in another build week.  It was getting intense and exciting as our team was gearing up for the first of our Triathlons - Wildflower.  

At the pool we had intense drills.  I dont know what happened to me that night, but my right shoulder felt funny.  it is 100% fine now, it was like I got a kink in my neck, but it was my shoulder. I have no idea, but once we did our warm-ups, I was all wacky.  So weird.  Anyway, I continued to swim it out the best I could.  You know me, any opportunity to get in the pool, I am there, so I am sure you know the frustrations I had that night.


The next day was our biking session.  I was planning on biking with the team in the am, but i ended up having an early morning meeting, so I had to reschedule my work dinner to make the ride.  Amalfi 1-2-3.  WOW.

So you know the Amalfi loop that I have mentioned before.  The one with the hills, including Chain Break Hill, well... we had to conquer that and then some!  Basically, 1-2-3 is you bike as fast as you can up Amalfi for one minute, then you bike back down.  Then you bike up as fast as you can for 2 minutes and bike back down and then you go back up for 3 minutes... and then rest for 1 min... REPEAT 3 more times.  WOW WOW WOW. 

Now, I am not saying we are badass... but we are badass.  Laura, Dani, Keli, Eryn and I handled.  In fact we had to do Chain Break Hill 3 times - and we KILLED IT! it was tough, but we did it and man were we happy! After we had to do a quick and painless run.  Not too shabby!


Dani, Me, Laura, Kelie

Eryn, Me, Laura, Dani & Kelie

Thursday was the trackless track workout.  the one where you run as far as you can in 2min and then you have to run back and forth in less time.  Needless to say, since I had to reschedule my work dinner to Thursday night, I had to do this workout on my own.  It was awful and I honestly did not do that well.  This is a tough workout and you definitely need your team to support you.

Friday night we had a LLS team night at Dodger Stadium. It was so fun.  Of course the majority of us left by the 7th inning stretch, we had an awesome night.  Good Friends, Good Fun and Good Dodger Dogs! :-) 

Bucket, Kelie, Nicole

Becky, Me, Kelie & Nicole

Saturday... oh lordy Saturday.

Saturday was one of those days that you talk about for a loooooooooong time.  It was COLD and the headwinds and crosswinds ranged from 15MPH - 25MPH.  I swear I felt like when I was pedaling I was going no where or that I was running in place. 

Since the wind was so high, the coaches modified our 45mi to 37mi... but I promise you, it felt like we went 100 miles! :-) 

The run was 4 miles and literally I was pelted with so much sand that I think I still have some in my hair.

Now, I know the pictures below won't do the wind justice, but if you notice there are kite boarders in the water, that should help you. :-)

ZUMA BEACH



Sunday, continued to blow... windy that is, not training.  So, given the weather, we did not swim, but we did have to run 10 miles.  And after the bike on Saturday, all of our legs were a little wobbly, but we did it, especially with a little TNT Inspiration along the way.  In fact, I knocked a few minutes of my time and completed the 10 miles in 1:54!! WAHOOOOOOO!!!   Within my intervals, I had worked my way up to running 1mi then walking 1min... but Coach Javier thinks that I should run faster at an 8:1 interval... It will be tough, but I am looking forward to seeing how this works out.  Fast in the long run - for Cozumel sounds awesome in my book!












No comments:

Post a Comment