Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Loving Life and Feeling Blessed

Today I was 100000000000% blown away by the love and support I received from my friends and family.

Yesterday we were asked to have an inter-team fundraising battle ... the prize cupcakes.

Not that I really want the cupcakes, LOL, but I did want to meet my minimum goal and not stress out about it.  Granted, we still have a few weeks to get our fundraising finished and I was pretty confident I would be just fine given i was only shy $728 of my goal as of 4:30pm... but needless to say, I put out a Facebook status update challenge... I am only $728 away from my goal... Soooooooooo. Can you join me in the 5 Day $5 Challenge... $5 towards curing cancer... come on, you can do it. Ya know you can forgo one starbuck's to save a life. OMG!! the donations and words of encouragement came flooding in... Literally at 4:30 today I raised over $1100!! I cannot believe it.

My friends and family are so amazing.  I am sooo thankful and blessed that I am able to do this crazy adventure and I knew that it was going to be tough... but to have my family and friends truly supporting me along the way is so inspiring and phenomenal, I don't even know where to begin to say THANK YOU.

So all I can say is just that .... THANK YOU!!!!  from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!  I promise you I will take on Vineman 70.3 and Cozumel Ironman and any other race along the way with authority!  I won't let you down... and hopefully we will cure cancer along the way.

Love always,
Rachel








No comments:

Post a Comment